The Barrow County School System encourages parental involvement in education. Parental involvement is defined as regular, two-way, meaningful communication involving student academic learning. Parents play an integral role in assisting in their child’s learning and are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s education at school and home and to be partners in decision-making to assist in the education of their child.
Parent Resource Center
The Holsenbeck Elementary offers a Parent Resource Center. Please check in at the front office for more information. The Parent Resource Center is open weekdays from 8:30 AM until 3:30 PM.
La Escuela Primaria Holsenbeck ofrece un Centro de Recursos para Padres. Por favor, regístrese en la oficina para más información. El Centro de Recursos para Padres está abierto los días de semana de 8:30 AM a 3:30 PM.
Important Title I Links:
Leave feedback on Title I plans HERE.
Holsenbeck Elementary School
High Impact Best Practices for Teaching and Learning
The faculty and staff of HES are committed to using effective instructional practices that are consistent in every classroom. Our goal is for each and every student we serve to be academically successful while achieving at their highest level.
To meet this goal:
We will teach the Georgia Standards of Excellence with fidelity by:
* Designing lessons aligned to the Georgia Standards of Excellence
* Identifying key concepts in the language of the standards
* Using essential questions to connect instruction to the standard
* Asking students to explain the standards in their own words
We will monitor the progress of our students while working collaboratively using the Data Team Process in Professional Learning Communities by:
* Developing formative assessments that are explicitly aligned to standards
* Collecting, charting, and analyzing student work on a regular basis
* Identifying students who are not meeting standards, meeting standards, or exceeding standards
* Continuously adjusting instruction based on assessment results
* Using a variety of instructional strategies to address student needs
* Focusing on providing strong relevant feedback, both written and verbal, to students regarding their work
All teaching and learning activities will reflect a shared understanding of what students should know, do, and understand and will be built around a common framework for instruction that consists of:
* Opening - Activating strategies centered on the standard, element(s), and essential question
* Mini-lesson - Modeling while referencing standards and key vocabulary
* Using writing exemplars (examples of work that meets or exceeds the standard)
* Work Period - Engaging students using performance tasks
* Using higher - order thinking questions to probe student understanding
* Closing - Summarizing strategies to assess student understanding
Our classroom environment will be built on:
* A clear and consistent behavior policy for promoting a positive classroom atmosphere
* Strong student-teacher relationships based on the school district’s core beliefs
* The social-emotional needs of our students
* Established rituals and routines
* Displayed Georgia Standards of Excellence, essential questions, and key vocabulary
* Evidence of the common framework for instruction
* Evidence of student work that reflects the Georgia Standards of Excellence
Our communication with parents will be:
* Frequent, clear, and consistent
* Focused on building a partnership with parents for improving student performance
445 Holsenbeck School Rd., Winder GA 30680 | 770-307-1540 | Fax: 770-307-1255 | Contact Webmaster