"Improving Minds, Improving Lives"
Pre-Order 2018 Graduation Video, Banners, & Yardsigns
Winder-Barrow Varsity and Junior Varsity Softball Tryouts (RMS & BCMS Info Only)
For rising 8th-12th graders
Monday May 14 – Thursday May 17
at the WB Baseball/Softball Complex
ALL Athletes must have an updated physical on file and documented insurance/copy of insurance card
All info located here: https://winderbarrowladydoggs.shutterfly.com/
Winder-Barrow Doggs Softball Camp
Rising 1st-7th graders
Monday June 18 – Thursday June 21
at the WB Baseball/Softball Complex
Flyer attached info at https://winderbarrowladydoggs.shutterfly.com/
Winder-Barrow Doggs Soccer Camp
Rising K-8th graders (Boys & Girls)
Tuesday June 26 – Thursday June 28
WBHS Practice Field
Flyers attached and at https://wbsoccerdoggs.weebly.com/
May 9th 5:30-7:30pm
Where: Barrow County Leisure Services (Rec Center)
· Get your yearbook 2 days before the underclassmen
· Watch the senior DVD
· Find out who the yearbook is dedicated to
· Find out who won Mr. & Ms. WBHS
· Eat cake!
How Much: $1.00
Senior Poem Contest
As a part of the graduation ceremony each year, one senior reads a poem he or she has written for the occasion. If you would like to be that special senior, here is what you need to do:
Write a poem for the occasion. It should reflect on ideas and themes that relate somehow to graduation, it should be school appropriate, and it should be between one and three minutes when read aloud. The poem can be in any format or style.
Share this poem with Ms. Allen’s Google Drive by April 30.
The graduation committee will read these poems and choose the top three winners. Each of these poets will receive a 25.00 Visa gift card. The top three will be announced on Friday, May 4.
The English Department of WBHS will then vote on the these three choices to select the senior graduation poem. The final winner will be announced May 11. There will be several required rehearsals for the poem between May 14 and graduation.
If you have any questions, please see Ms. Allen in room 7118. Happy Writing!
The Media Center is having a poetry contest to celebrate Poetry Month in April.
All entries must be turned into the Media Center by April 13. Poetry will be displayed in the Media Center starting April 16 and the WBHS community will be allowed to vote for their favorite starting April 16 - April 26. The winner will be announced April 30 and will win a $20 gift card to Walmart.
All WBHS Media Center books and fines due April 26!
No checks accepted after March 30!
Starting April 9 all payments must be cash or money order.
Winder –Barrow High School will host Federal Programs Night on April 12th at 5:00PM in the media center. We invite all parents, students and community members to join us in our discussion regarding our school’s academic profile and various other topics regarding title programs.
1. Class of 2018 t-shirts (with names on the back) will go on sale next week during all lunches. They are $10 and super cute! Pre-orders only!
2. Baccalaureate and Graduation video information/flyers will also be available at the t-shirt table next week!
3. Caps, Gowns, Stoles & Tassels will be delivered Monday April 30th!. If you have not paid these fees, please go to www.gabalfour.com asap! Price has increased to $120.
4. The fees mentioned above ALSO cover senior week activities J Senior week is May 14-18 and Senior parade/walk is May 21st. Flyers will be posted around the school next week!
Juniors and Seniors, have you paid prom dues? You don’t want to miss prom this year! I have secured a new DJ who will not only play the latest top hits but also will provide a titanium light package, laser light show, monogram light show, hazer machine and a photo booth.
1. Prom is April 28 from 8 – 11 pm at the Classic Center in Athens, GA.
2. The theme is A Night of a Thousand Lights.
3. You must pay prom dues in order to attend, but you only pay once. Seniors who paid last year receive a “free” ticket this year.
4. You may not bring a guest who is a junior or senior at WBHS who has not paid dues. ALL WBHS juniors and seniors who attend prom must pay dues.
5. Juniors and seniors who have not paid dues, please see attached flyer for more information.
6. Prom dues must be paid by 3 pm on Friday, April 27th.
7. Please note that the last day you may pay by check is Friday, March 30th. When we return from spring break, all payments (dues and guest tickets) must be either cash or money order.
8. Tickets for guests (9-10 grade WBHS students or students who attend another school) are $40. You may only bring one guest to prom.
9. All people attending prom must show photo ID to enter the building. Those bringing a guest who do not attend WBHS must complete a guest information form prior to purchasing a ticket. The forms will be available Monday, March 26th through Monday, April 23rd. Plan accordingly. You cannot pick up a guest form beyond the deadline of April 23rd because it must be completed and returned before you may purchase the ticket.
10. Prom shirts are included in the price of prom dues. The shirts will be available Monday, April 9th.
11. For those who have paid dues, your ticket may be picked up before or after school from April 9 – 27.
12. For those who have not paid dues, you have 27 school days to pay BEFORE or AFTER school in the chorus room (10.229).
In order to be eligible to pay prom dues and purchase a ticket for a guest, students must be a true junior or senior according to credit hours.
Winder Barrow High School announces the hiring of Ed Dudley as their new Head Football Coach. Dudley brings 34 years of coaching experience including 24 years as a head coach, all in the state of Georgia. For the past two seasons, Dudley has served as the Offensive Coordinator at Wesleyan School in Peachtree Corners under head coach Franklin Pridgen.
Dudley began coaching in Georgia in 1984 under Head Coach Billy Henderson at Clarke Central in Athens. Other coaching stops in the early years included Statesboro, Darlington and Carrollton. Dudley landed his first Head Coaching job in 1992 at Buford High School where he stayed for three years. After Buford, Dudley spent 14 seasons at Walton High School in Marietta and built that program into a perennial state power. Ware County was home for 5 years where they finished as State Runner-Up in 2012, followed by a brief return to Carrollton High School. In his 24 seasons as a head coach, Dudley has built a record of 193 – 87.
Dudley has been married to his wife Lynn for 34 years. They have four children. Their son Gordon is 21, a junior math major as well as a member of the football team at Reinhardt University. Twins Mary Lamar and Sam, 18, are seniors at Wesleyan. Mary Lamar plans to attend Auburn University while Sam will join his brother at Reinhardt both in the classroom and on the field. Daughter Margaret is 15 and finishing her freshman year at Wesleyan.
Winder-Barrow HS is excited to welcome Coach Ed Dudley and his family to the Bulldogg family.
Attention Seniors: If you have not already paid your $100 Winder-Barrow Graduation Dues/Fees (which includes your cap-gown-tassel), please plan to take care of this Wednesday, February 14th during lunch! Wednesday will also be the last time seniors can order graduation products on campus! All orders for graduation products will be online only after February 16th and will have a price increase!
All grade levels:
Order your Winder-Barrow Letter Jackets and Class Rings (Class of 2018 & 2019) during all lunches on Wednesday, February 14th! Bring your class ring deposit ($75), and letter jacket deposit ($100) along with proof of lettering (your actual letter or certificate or coach/sponsors signature). We can’t wait to see you! Orders can also be placed online at www.gabalfour.com
We will be delivering any letter jackets and/or class rings that have arrived. Students that have ordered these products will receive a text message from our sales team letting them know of the scheduled delivery along with their balance due.
ANY GRADUATING SENIOR who is planning to attend school for a degree in EDUCATION needs to complete this form.
Choose one of the following easy and convenient ways to place your Graduation Announcement order:
2955 Horizon Park Drive, Suite D
Suwanee, GA 30024
Have you purchased your 2018 Panorama yearbook yet? If not, get yours before prices go up to $70 on January 1st! You can purchase your yearbook online at yearbookforever.com or with cash or check in the yearbook room (4106) before or after school & during all lunches.
WBHS had been named an AP Humanities School (1 of 149 named in 2017) by Superintendent Richard Woods. AP Humanities Schools are schools with students testing in the following AP courses: at least one ELA course, two social science courses, one fine arts course and one world language course.
As previously discussed, the current tardy enforcement policy at Winder-Barrow High School was established to decrease the number of tardy incidents among our student body. As a faculty and staff, we at WBHS believe that students who are in class for the full instructional period are better equipped to achieve success than those whose time is limited due to repeated tardies. Due to the repetitiveness of the tardy issue by a some of our students, the tardy enforcement consequences are being extended to cover such student privileges as parking and Homecoming/Prom attendance. Please assist us with this process by continuing, in conjunction with our teachers and administrators, to remind your student(s) of the importance of being in class on time each and every day.
Thank you for your support as we continue with our mission of “improving minds, improving lives.”
WBHS Faculty, Staff, and Administration
In order for your child to be checked out of school, the guardian checking him/her out must be listed in Infinite Campus and must have proper photo identification. All check- outs must happen prior to 2:15. No one will be allowed to be checked out after this time
Would you like to participate on the School Governance Team?
Click Here for more information.
Nelson Sanders Photography is now booking Senior Portrait Sessions! Session Slots are filling up quickly so please visit their website at www.nelsonsanders.com and click "Book Your Senior Session" to schedule your session day and time as soon as possible.
They also be take appointments over the phone at (404)747-1273.
Visit the WBHS Yearbook Website for information on yearbooks: http://bit.ly/wbhsyearbook
Students Listen Up!!!
If you need your certificate of attendance or ADAP to get your learners license this summer you need to pick these up in the clinic BEFORE SCHOOL IS OUT.
272 North 5th Avenue, Winder, GA 30680 | 770-867-4519 | Fax: 770-867-6412 | Contact Webmaster