Barrow County School System uses Peachjar to share electronic flyers. This system helps reduce staff time, save money, and continue our efforts to be an environmentally conscious school system. View BCSS Peachjar Flyers.
Our school system is willing to share information from local businesses, community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students and/or staff by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar. As part of our effort to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we utilize electronic flyer delivery only. We no longer distribute paper flyers or offer cards. Please note that BCSS only approves and sends flyers on Fridays (as of 5/21/2019).
Peachjar charges a nominal fee for this service. For specific pricing information, visit their website. It is based on the frequency and reach of your campaign.
To submit a digital flyer, follow the steps below. Once approved by the BCSS staff, your flyer will be distributed to the audience that you have selected. You have the ability to segment the audience by grade level and school. You also have the ability to send information to BCSS staff through Peachjar. You will also receive metrics on the success of your flyer.
Steps to Submit an Electronic Flyer for Distribution
- Visit www.peachjar.com.
- Register as a Program Provider (account type).
- Upload your flyer for approval. If you’d like some detailed, step-by-step instructions, please click here for a PDF with instructions.
- Once you submit your flyer on Peachjar, BCSS district staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. If your flyer is denied, an explanation will be provided and credits will be refunded to your Peachjar account.
- BCSS approves and sends flyers each week on Fridays.
Standards for Barrow County School System Electronic Flyers
All flyers to be distributed must support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
Flyers will NOT be approved that:
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act.
- Proselytize or position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on the basis of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children.
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy.
- Conflict with programs offered by Barrow County School System.
- Barrow County School System does not disseminate information to schools/students regarding church and/or religious organizations. Events sponsored in part or in whole by a church or religious organization may be considered for approval.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.