The Barrow County School System strongly encourages all eligible students and adults to get vaccinated. Widespread vaccination is a critical tool to help stop the pandemic. Following CDC guidelines, it is recommended that anyone not vaccinated should continue to wear a mask.
The CDC recommends everyone 5 years and older should get a COVID-19 vaccination for the safety of themselves and others. The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is approved for use for ages 5-17. This vaccine requires two doses given three weeks apart.
Although fewer children have been infected with COVID-19 compared to adults, children can still:
- Be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19
- Get sick from COVID-19
- Spread COVID-19 to others
To help our families, BCSS has compiled a list of local locations offering the COVID-19 vaccine for free. You can also check with your child’s doctor for additional vaccination locations.
• Barrow County Health Department (15 Porter St. E., Winder) – Clinic Walk-in or by Appointment
• MedLink Winder (133 W Athens St, Winder) – by Appointment
• CVS Pharmacy – by Appointment or Clinic Walk-in Winder or Auburn
• Walgreens Pharmacy (10 E May St, Winder) – by Appointment or Clinic Walk-in
• Ingles Pharmacy – by Appointment or Clinic Walk-in Winder or Auburn
• Bethlehem Associates of Georgia (323 Resource Pkwy Winder) – by Appointment