COL Shane Strickland
Colonel (COL) Retired Shane P. Strickland currently serves as the Senior Army Instructor for the Apalachee High School Wildcat Battalion. He is from Athens, Georgia and graduated from the University of Georgia in 2000 with a Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology. His additional education includes: a Master’s of Science in Organizational Leadership from Argosy University and he is also a Superior Graduate of the United States Army War College with a Master’s of Strategic Studies.
COL (Ret.) Strickland entered the Georgia Army National Guard in March 1994 as a Private First Class E3. Following Infantry One Station Unit Training (OSUT) and Airborne School at Fort Benning, he was assigned to Company H, 121st Infantry (ABN) (LRS). He attended the Georgia Military Institute Officer Candidate School Class 36 and commissioned as a Field Artillery Second Lieutenant in 1997. His assignments have included:
- Fire Direction Officer and Commander B-Battery, 1st 214th Field Artillery
- Executive Officer 1st 214th Field Artillery
- Fire Support Officer 648th Maneuver Enhancement Brigade
- Central Team Chief Embedded Training Team Konduz, Afghanistan
- Operations Officer 648th Maneuver Enhancement Brigade
- Commander 4th Weapons of Mass Destruction-Civil Support Team
- Executive Officer 201st Regional Support Group
- Executive Officer to the Adjutant General of Georgia
- Deputy Commander 648th Maneuver Enhancement Brigade
- Strategic Planner to the Chief of the National Guard Bureau, Pentagon
- Chief Information Officer (CIO) / G6 for the Georgia Army National Guard
- Commander of the 201st Regional Support Group (RSG) which also has the Region IV Homeland Response Force (HRF) mission
COL (Ret.) Strickland has completed the Joint Operational Fires and Effects Course, the Brigade Pre-Command Course, the Harvard Executive Seminar for Leadership in Homeland Security, the Dynamics of International Terrorism Course, the Homeland Security Planners Course, and the Joint Senior Leader Course.
He is a fully Joint Qualified Officer and has been awarded the Army Staff Identification Badge. COL (Ret.) Strickland’s decorations include the Legion of Merit, the Bronze Star Medal, Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Air Force Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal, Air Force Achievement Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, NATO International Security Force Medal, and numerous service and Georgia awards.
COL (Ret.) Strickland lives in Acworth, Georgia with his wife, Mrs. Wendy Strickland (Long); son, Michael; and daughter, Katie.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.