Find Lessons in the folders Below
Learning from Home Guidelines
- Students will login to Google Classroom each day and follow their daily class schedules for accessing class content, activities and assignments.
- Students should follow expectations and deadlines set by teachers for completing activities and submitting assignments.
- Teachers will post that day’s lesson, materials, activities, assignments, etc. by 9 a.m.
- Fridays will be a day for students and staff to get caught up with the week's assignments and work. Students who have submitted assignments for the week can read, use digital resources for reinforcement/enrichment, or spend some much-needed time getting fresh air outside. Teachers will continue to be available on Fridays to help students get caught up on all assignments.
- Students should keep in contact with teachers via messaging features and/or email if they have any questions or concerns about content.
- A minimum of one grade per week will be entered in Infinite Campus. Students and families should continue to contact teachers with questions or concerns via Infinite Campus or email.
Special Education Information
BCSS special education teachers will be available for communicating with students and parents/guardians of both students on their caseload and with the special education students that they teach regarding these guidelines for the continuation of remote learning. Special education teachers will plan and implement differentiated instruction to include modifications and accommodations as outlined in Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for the students that they teach. Assistive technologies, to include items such as text read-aloud, will be made available to those students requiring such accommodations as outlined in IEPs.
Parents and families are able to participate in virtual IEP meetings. BCSS special education teachers are available for communicating with parents/guardians regarding virtual IEP meetings and other IEP information for the students on their caseload. Additionally, special education students should be assessed on IEP goal progress during the distance learning process to the extent possible.
- All Barrow County digital resources are free. Parents and students should not use any website or resource prompting any form of payment for access or subscriptions.
- For attendance purposes, students should login and communicate with their teachers each day.
- Students who do not complete assignments will have an opportunity to make up assignments, as appropriate.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.