"Helping To Develop Lifelong Learners in an Environment of Mutual Respect”
In This TOGETHER
As we start this school year, it feels like it has been ages since we have been "together." Who would have thought that when we dismissed from school on March 13th, 2020 that it would be FIVE months before we would be back as our DogPack family!
A lot has changed in five months: we've quarantined, we've tackled digital learning, we've shared some disappointments, fears, and sadness, we've had some fun, we've gone on trips and vacations, and we've gradually tried to get back to "normal." Given all this year's challenges, some would say they are eager for 2020 to be over! But we would dare to say that 2020 has given us beautiful opportunities as well.
This year, we have LEARNED to:
- Slow Down. Before, it was easy to rush, rush, rush--from school, sports, extracurricular activities, or even chores. When all those things shut down, we were left no choice but to STOP. And in that moment of stillness, we could take a breathe. Man, just taking the opportunity to breathe can feel so awesome!
- Re-Connect with Family. During quarantine, we spent a lot of time at home and with our families. Being around our loved ones so much gave us the time to get to know each other. Instead of only eating meals together, arguing, or sitting on the couch while on our phones, we now had the time to actually talk to each other, play games, watch movies together, and work on our relationships.
- Be Flexible. Our time away from school has been full of lots of changes! From digital learning to different rules about activities, we all have had to "go with the flow" and practice acceptance for the things we can not control.
- Re-Focus Our Priorities. Now more than ever, we realize what is important. Being present in the moment with the people we love, helping others, and appreciating our priviledges both big and small are just a few of the things we no longer take for granted.
It is our hope that we will continue to meet whatever 2020 and this school year has in store with a spirit of determination and unity. Together, we will overcome adversity. Together, we will support each other and lift each other up when we feel scared, uncertain, or overwhelmed. Together, we will show respect to each other because we all have our battles. Together, we will keep each other safe by acting responsibly. Together, we will be STRONGER because we are a PACK and PACK means FAMILY!
School Guidance Services
- Academic Support and Planning
- Classroom Guidance Lessons
- Communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Goal-setting and decision-making
- Multicultural/diversity awareness
- Career awareness, exploration and planning
- Transition planning
- Individual and Small Group Counseling
- Education in understanding self and others
- Coping strategies
- Peer relationships and effective social skills
- Individual/family/school crisis intervention
- Peer facilitation
- Agency and Resource Referrals
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.