Are you ready for some football?
With anticipation, the football season commences this Friday when Winder-Barrow takes on Apalachee at the Battle of Barrow. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it will be a season unlike any other. We have outlined our approach to upcoming games so you know what to expect. We’ve also shared the various ways to cheer on our teams and students.
9/04 - WBHS at AHS*
9/11 - Habersham Central at AHS
9/18 - Glynn Academy at WBHS
10/02 - Clarke Central at AHS
10/09 - Habersham Central at WBHS
10/16 - Greenbrier at AHS
10/23 - Shiloh at WBHS
11/13 - Loganville at AHS
11/20 - Lanier at WBHS
To provide adequate physical distancing for spectators, BCSS is limiting attendance at football games. Each student-athlete has been given an opportunity to purchase two tickets per event. The marching band and cheerleaders were provided the same option. Visiting teams will also be given a two ticket per participant allotment.
Each of our high school stadiums will be filled to about 25% capacity, which includes both the home and away team spectators. The week before the game, any unsold tickets remaining will be made available to the general for purchase. No tickets will be available for purchase at the gate the night of the game.
*If you have already purchased tickets, please see the guidelines below for spectators.
For those unable to attend the games in person, fans will have two ways to watch.
LIVE Pay-Per-View on Friday Night
- Cost is $8 per household per game (the same price as a ticket at the gate).
- To purchase your pay-per-view game, visit SIMS Educational Sports Network (ESE) website: http://simsacademy.flywheelsites.com/
- On the website, look for a button to click on and purchase the live stream.
- Once the purchase is made, an email receipt will be sent to the purchaser along with a link to the live stream, which will change from week-to-week.
- When you click on the link, your default browser will open up and show the live stream from our streaming site.
Game Replays on BOLD TV
- Home games will be replayed for FREE the following Tuesday and Thursday at 8pm/et on BOLD TV.
- You can access BOLD TV on Comcast Xfinity channels 21 and 24.
- There is no additional cost to watch the replay (only your cable subscription).
- Please mask up to help keep our community healthy, so our students can play their complete football season. Masks will required to be worn by all spectators when physical distancing is not maintained. Thank you for doing your part!
- Fans are asked to practice physical distancing. Families should sit at least 6 feet from other fans. In the stands, look for marked seating areas (tape/cones) that show appropriate spacing.
- To avoid open containers, all concessions items will be bottled or prepackaged items. Fans are not allowed to bring in any personal food or drink items into the stadium.
Barrow County School System and student-athletes have been following guidance provided by the Georgia High School Association (GHSA), as well as guidance provided by the CDC and Northeast Health District of the Georgia Department of Public Health.