Foothills Education Charter High School offers a unique opportunity to any student who wishes to earn an accredited Georgia High School Diploma. Foothills is fully accredited by the Georgia Accrediting Commission and Cognia as a K-12 Public Charter School. Foothills Barrow is one of 20 sites in the state.
The goal of Foothills is to ensure students graduate from high school. Foothills offers a full range of high school courses in a convenient, flexible, self-paced format. All classes are held in the evening so students can work during the day and attend school at night. Tuition is 100% FREE for students who enroll at Foothills full time. If not enrolled full-time, the cost is $150 per credit, which the student is responsible for.
About the Barrow Foothills Campus:
- Open Mondays through Thursdays from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- There are multiple academic teachers, one for each subject area, to assist students with their learning and progress each night.
- Full-time students are also assigned a mentor, who will meet with them periodically to help students stay focused and on track with their education plan.
- Students will complete their work using a blended model of a computer program coupled with an in person teacher. While work can be completed at home, most students do not find success in doing so. All students must come to take tests in-person with a proctor.
- Barrow Foothills is at the Sims Academy of Innovation and Technology (985 Austin Road, Winder) and at Russell Middle School (34 W. Candler Street, Winder). Transportation is not provided.
- Reach them at 770-867-1711.
All courses are mastery-based, which means you cannot fail a course. You can take the time you need to successfully complete your coursework. Progress updates are shared every two weeks so students can stay on track with their learning.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.