About Barrow County School System
Barrow County School System: Boldly Committed to Student Success
Ensuring an exceptional education that leads each student to become a high-achieving and responsible citizen
Barrow County School System is the 24th largest school system in Georgia with 1,800 full- and part-time employees, including more than 900 teachers and other certified personnel, who work in 19 schools, programs, and administrative buildings.
As a growing metro-Atlanta suburban community of about 81,000 residents, Barrow County is an hour east of Atlanta and 30 minutes west of Athens. Barrow County School System operates as a Charter System, which allows flexibility from many one-size-fits-all state education requirements. The charter system status enables our district to invest in BOLD innovative instructional practices and focus on "Building Our Learning Differently."
During the 2022-2023 school year, approximately 14,000 students will attend classes in 9 elementary schools, 4 middle schools, 3 high schools and 3 innovative programs.
To fully realize our student-centered vision and mission, Barrow County School System pursues strategic goals in four key areas:
Academics & Student Success
Elevating the Teaching Profession
Communications & Culture
Finances & Infrastructure
We believe a quality school system ...
- Provides a world class education in a safe and caring environment which assures each student’s success
- Enhances individual student achievement through real-world experiences and active learning
- Challenges students to exceed local, state, and national academic standards
- Nurtures the total well-being, independence, creativity, and talents of each student enabling them to be postsecondary and/or workforce ready
- Motivates students to develop exceptional critical thinking, reasoning, problem-solving and communication skills
- Prepares students to be technologically literate
- Develops continuous, collaborative relationships with students, parents, business partners, mentors and other community members
- Respects diversity and promotes cultural understanding among all students and employees in every environment
- Expects all school system employees to recognize that they are a major influence on our students
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.