Every student in the Barrow County School System should have a strong support system that values and encourages educational achievement and there is no one who can support this effort better than parents.
Family Engagement is the participation of parents and family members in regular and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities, including ensuring:
- That parents play an integral role in assisting their child’s learning.
- That parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s education.
- That parents are full partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision-making, advisory committees, and school governances to assist in the education of their child and school leadership.
- The carrying out of other activities, such as those described in Section 1116 of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
Visit your child's school website to view school level Title I plans and provide any input you may have.
Get Involved with School Decision Making
- Attend Title I meetings - English | Spanish
- Complete Surveys when requested
- Serve as a School Governance Team (SGT) member
- Serve on the system Parent Advisory Council
- Educational Apps for Families
- Educational Websites for Families
- Family Engagement Policy - English | Spanish
- Ideas to help you Get Involved
- High School is Happening - English | Spanish
- I Can Play a Role Pledge Cards
- Translation & Interpretation Services Complaint Form
- Translation & Interpretation Experience Survey
- Translation & Interpretation Services Plan
- Distance Learning (opens in new window)
- Dual Enrollment
- Elementary Education
- ESOL Support Services
- Family Engagement
- Federal Programs
- Gifted Program
- Innovative Learning
- Instructional Technology
- Mentor Program
- Professional Learning
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Student Services
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.