About Westside Middle
Westside Middle School - A joyful learning community empowering students to reach their full potential as high-achieving students and responsible citizens.
- We will provide a safe and secure learning environment.
- We will treat all students with fairness and respect.
- We will provide our students with instruction that is engaging and rigorous.
We Believe …
- A safe, caring, and positive environment is essential for student success.
- Education is a dynamic process requiring continuous evaluation and growth, facilitating students in becoming confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, cultural, and intellectual needs.
- All school employees, students, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission through effective communication and cooperation.
- Individual student achievement is advanced through real-world experiences and active learning.
- Students’ 21st century technology skills are vital for today’s learning and tomorrow’s success.
- Nationally-aligned academic standards and best instructional practices provide each student appropriate opportunities for success.
- Students’ specialized interests and abilities are nurtured through a wide range of exploratory and extracurricular activities.
- In developing continuous, collaborative relationships with all stakeholders.
WMS Fast Facts:
School Colors: Maroon & Silver
Enrollment: 6th-8th Grade, Approx. 800 students
Feeder Schools: Auburn & Kennedy Elementary
Cluster: Apalachee High
240 Matthews School Rd.
Winder, GA 30680
Classes: 8:30 a.m.-3:10 p.m.
Office Hours: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.