School Governance Team
"School level governance" means decision-making authority in personnel decisions, financial decisions, curriculum and instruction, resource allocation, establishing and monitoring the achievement of school improvement goals, and school operations." [See O.C.G.A. 20-2-2062(12.1)]
The Purpose of the School Governance Team:
The purpose of the School Governance Team (SGT) is to make decisions that support the continuous improvement of the school in accordance with the provisions of the Charter. The members of the SGT are accountable to the constituents they serve and will perform those functions and duties and have those responsibilities of a school governance team as are set forth in the Charter. The SGT understands that the Charter governs the operations of Barrow County Schools. To the extent that there is any inconsistency between these bylaws and the Charter, the Charter will govern.
Duties of School Governance Team:
- School-community communication strategies
- Methods of involving parents and the community
- School-based and community services
- Review formative and summative assessment data for the purpose of improving student achievement
- Actively participate in the review of our district accreditation standards
- Provide input on principal selection to the Superintendent
- Recommend school needs during the budget process
WMS GOVERNANCE TEAM MEMBERS
WMS GOVERNANCE TEAM MEETING DATES 2022-2023
Meetings will be held every last Wednesday of the Month at 3:30 pm.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.