Band is a place of acceptance; a place students learn compassion, patience, hard work, and perseverance. These skills are for success in band and in life. Band is our school family. We take care of each other. We are among the largest student group activities at Westside Middle School. We are a safe place for students to learn a classical instrument in a group setting and perform for our parents, school and community.
- October 3rd - Fall Concert for 7th and 8B: 6:30PM in the WMS Gym
- December 6th- 6th and 7th Grade Christmas Concert: 6:30 PM in the WMS Gym
- December 13th- 8th Grade combined Christmas concert with HMMS and AHS in the AHS gym
- December 19th- 8th grade elementary tour
- February 16th- Pre-LGPE concert in the AHS Gym for 7th and 8th graders
- February 17th-18th- Symphonic Camp at AHS for 7th and 8th graders
- March 1st- LGPE at East Jackson High School for 7th and 8th graders
- April 13th- District Jazz Performance Evaluation Jackson County High School (Jazz Band)
- April 20th- Combined Jazz concert at the Innovation Amphitheater (Jazz Band)
- May 16th- Spring Concert at 6:30pm in the WMS gym for all band students
Mrs. Rachel Muldrow is beginning her 16th year as a teacher for the Georgia Public Schools System. This is her first year as Director of Bands at Westside Middle School. The past two years, she taught at West Jackson Middle School as a half time director as well as part time assistant with Apalachee High School’s Concert Band and Marching Bands. Previously, she served as a music teacher at Kennedy Elementary school and low brass instructor at Apalachee High School. At Kennedy, she served as the general music teacher, steel band director, and chorus director. She began her career in Jackson County schools. Muldrow resides in Bethlehem with two beautifully kind daughters, her husband and her dog Jazz.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.