Through the Georgia Scholar program, the Georgia Department of Education identifies and honors high school seniors who have achieved excellence in school and community life.
Barrow County School System is proud to announce the 2020 Georgia Scholar at each of our high schools:
- Kelly Eick from Apalachee High School
- Lauren Freeman at Winder-Barrow High School
Students eligible for Georgia Scholar recognition are high school seniors who exhibit excellence in all phases of school life, in community activities, and in the home. Georgia Scholars are students who
- have carried exemplary course loads during the four years of high school
- performed excellently in all courses
- successfully participated in interscholastic events at their schools and in their communities, and
- have assumed active roles in extracurricular activities sponsored by their schools.