Dr. Christina Lowe
Director of Student Services
Dr. Christina Lowe joined the central office staff in Barrow County in 2019 after a decade of experience as a school counselor. She has a wealth of knowledge on mental health, social/emotional skills, academic advising, and college/career exploration. Dr. Lowe also has experience in supervising and teaching students at the collegiate level. The American School Counseling Association has published Dr. Lowe’s research in the Professional School Counseling journal on the topic of transformational leadership.
Dr. Lowe strives to foster positive relationship with parents, community members, staff, and students by providing meaningful ways to connect with each other. Dr. Lowe coordinates the work of our school counselors, the BCSS crisis response team, Hospital Homebound and Section 504. She helps promote student well-being and learning, positive behavior, family engagement, and is the program director for the Boys and Girls Club of Winder.
Dr. Lowe is married to Alex Lowe, a social studies teacher in a neighboring county. They have two sweet and energetic daughters, Olivia and Emily, and a goldendoodle named Ivy.
- B.S. in Psychology (Georgia College and State University)
- M.Ed. in Counselor Education (Augusta State University)
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision (University of South Carolina)
- Learning Supports
- Parent Engagement
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- Coordinates work of the school counselors
- Section 504 Coordinator
- Crisis Response Team Coordinator
- Hospital Homebound Coordinator
- 21st Century Afterschool Program at Boys and Girls Club
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.