If you have good news to share via the district’s communication channels, please email us at GoodNews@barrow.k12.ga.us.
Limited Public Forum
Barrow County School System uses social media to provide information about district programs, services, projects, issues, events and activities and to interact with students, parents/guardians, and residents about public issues. We are happy to connect with our community in this way! We do, however, have some guidelines to follow.
BCSS reserves the right, but undertakes no obligation, to remove any comment and block participants if they violate our guidelines, Board policies, or the platform’s terms of service. We will, but undertake no obligation to, delete, hide and, if necessary, report any of the following types of comments:
- personal attacks or threats,
- posts that do not directly relate to the business of the school district,
- profane, pornographic, violent, sexual or obscene language or content,
- engagement in, or the endorsement or promotion of, behavior that is bullying, harassing, intimidating or which constitutes discrimination,
- libelous or defamatory content, as well as posts that impersonate others, or which are misleading or factually erroneous,
- infringement of copyrights or trademarks or the legal ownership rights of any other party,
- commercial endorsements or advertisements (including SPAM),
- confidential information or the privacy rights of others,
- constitute or promote any illegal activity, violation of Board policy, regulation or school rule, or which are reasonably likely to materially disrupt and substantially disrupt the educational environment.
Submissions must also meet the platform’s terms of service and the District encourages all users to use the “report” link in the event they encounter any behavior they believe to be in violation of any of terms of services. Employees or students who post content to the District’s social media in violation of Board policies, school rules or these Guidelines may be subject to discipline. Community contributed comments or content do not represent the views or opinions of the Barrow County School District, the Board of Education or its employees, and are solely the responsibility of the specific author. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the content or security of websites we do not directly manage or create.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.