Teaching and Learning
The Barrow County School System Teaching and Learning Department is BOLDly committed to supporting excellence and innovation in teaching and learning through collaboration, service, and leadership.
Our Teaching and Learning Department facilitates the implementation of the Georgia Standards, assessments, professional learning, and learning resources to support standards-based teaching and learning.
Visit Georgia Standards to find a complete list of standards and other resources from the Georgia Department of Education.
We work collaboratively with all schools and system leaders to support the key focus areas identified through our Barrow County School System Strategic Plan/Balanced Scorecard and our System Charter.
Our BCSS Charter Goals provide an intense focus on:
- Increasing the High School Graduation Rate
- Improving the College & Career Readiness of BCSS Graduates
- Successfully Managing the Continued Growth of the BCSS Student Population both in Raw Numbers & in Increasing Diversity
Other Helpful Links
- BCSS High Impact Best Practices
- BCSS Instructional Framework
- New Georgia K-12 Mathematical Standards
- Barrow County Guidelines for Conducting Research
- Barrow County Request to Conduct Research
Piedmont Regional Libraries
Teaching & Learning Department Contacts
- Distance Learning (opens in new window)
- Dual Enrollment
- Elementary Education
- ESOL Support Services
- Family Engagement
- Federal Programs
- Gifted Program
- Innovative Learning
- Instructional Technology
- Mentor Program
- Professional Learning
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Student Services
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.