"Yes, kids love technology, but they also love Legos, scented markers, handstands, books, and mud puddles. It's all about balance."
Healthy Media Diet
With any activity, it's important to find balance. When it comes to technology and screen time, a healthy media diet balances three things:
- What kids go
- How much time they spend doing it
- If their media choices are age-appropriate
- "Parents' Ultimate Guide to Parental Controls" - guidelines for how to block websites, filter content, and monitor activities
- "Screen Time Guide" - Common Sense Media provides guidelines for every age group
- "The thing you haven't factored into your quest to manage screentime" - how dopamine factors into our behavior
- "Family Link" - a tool from Google to help your family create healthy digital habits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.