Visitor management system
Why did Barrow County implement a Visitor Management System?
Barrow County School System is committed to student and staff safety. This tool is an additional way to help our buildings stay secure. We need to know who is in the building and if those visitors have anything in their background that may present a need for greater supervision.
What are the acceptable forms of identification that may be presented?
- Your driver’s license is the preferred form of identification, which allows us to quickly scan the barcode on the back of the license. However, other government-issued identification that includes a photo and address can be accepted.
- Other forms of identification that can be presented are, but not limited to, a Residency card, Passport, Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card, Weapons Carry License, or Military Identification Card.
What if I don’t have a driver’s license or other photo identification?
If you do not have an acceptable government-issued ID, then you will be required to speak with the school administrator about your specific unique situation. School administration will work with you to resolve the situation in a manner that works for all parties.
What is the process to check-in?
- When you enter the school front office, you will be asked to submit your identification card.
- If your identification card does not have a barcode on the back, then the information will be manually entered into the Visitor Management System, which may take a few more minutes upon check-in at the school.
When you review my information, what are you checking?
- The Visitor Management System connects to the United States Department of Justice National Sex Offender Public Website (NSOPW), which provides a free nationwide search for sex offenders registered by states, territories, Indian tribes, and the District of Columbia. NSOPW is the only national sex offender search site with direct access to registered sex offender information from the individual registration jurisdictions.
- The information from your driver's license or form of ID is entered into the United States Department of Justice National Sex Offender Public Website.
- By submitting your identification, you are submitting to the conditions of both the: 22.214.171.124. United States Department of Justice National Sex Offender Public Website and the 126.96.36.199. Georgia Conditions of Use
- When an ID cannot be scanned and data is manually entered, your name and address will be entered into the advanced search (https://www.nsopw.gov/en/Search/Results).
What if my identification is submitted and a problem is detected, but it’s not accurate?
- Manual efforts will be made to review the situation and make a final decision.
- If our manual efforts result with the same outcome, school administrators will determine how your visit will be managed, if permitted.
Do you store my personal information and form of identification?
- Yes. We store information about the visit in our Student Information System. These are the data elements stored: Name, Reason for Visit, DL number (only) not a copy of, Time In, Time Out, IP Address, Visitor image
How do you ensure the privacy of my data?
- Any information obtained and stored through the visitor management system is protected through industry best practices. This includes controlled and logged access to the system and network security measures to protect against unauthorized access to the system.
- Information sent to the United States Department of Justice National Sex Offender Public Website as part of the search is protected by the Department of Justice’s data privacy measures, which can be reviewed at https://www.justice.gov/doj/privacy-policy.
What if I am on the sex offender registry, but have the rights to be at the school?
- If you know you are registered, it is required that you make school administrators aware of this status. You must call or email the school administration prior to entering the school property.
- School administrators will determine how your visit will be managed if permitted.
If you have additional questions about the Visitor Management System that were not answered here, please contact your school principal and then contact our Chief Safety and Security Officer at email@example.com.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.