The BCSS Pre-K Program accepted online applications for the 2022-2023 Pre-K Lottery from March 1 until March 31. Drawings were held and families were notified by mail and email if their lottery number was drawn.
- To complete the lottery application, you will need to provide proof of residency and your child's birth certificate. You will need to upload a photo or scanned copy of each document. Visit our FAQ Page for details on required documentation. If you have problems with the Pre-K Lottery application, email Karen Bedford for assistance.
- All online lottery applications must be completed by 5 p.m. Thursday, March 31, 2022. (This includes the successful upload of your documentation.) No Pre-K Lottery applications will be accepted after 5 p.m. If you miss the deadline, starting April 18, email Karen Bedford to have your child placed on the waiting list.
All applications submitted for each Pre-K class will be assigned a lottery number. After you submit your online application, it may take up to two business days to receive your lottery number. Our staff must verify the information provided and then email you with your child's lottery number.
Families with more than one child eligible for Pre-K will be assigned one number and the siblings will be drawn together. The lottery consists of random drawings from all applicants within that elementary school attendance zone.
RESULTS OF PRE-K LOTTERY Drawing
Nine separate lottery drawings were held to determine the class lists and waiting lists for each school. Each drawing was pre-recorded in both English and Spanish. The videos were posted below from April 15-April 25, 2022.
- Auburn Elementary [Español]
- Bethlehem Elementary [Español]
- Bramlett Elementary [Español]
- County Line Elementary [Español]
- Holsenbeck Elementary [Español]
- Kennedy Elementary [Español]
- Statham Elementary [Español]
- Yargo Elementary [Español]
- Winder Elementary [Español]
All families submitting Pre-K Lottery applications will be notified by mail whether their child is on a Pre-K class list or on a waiting list. If you have questions after receiving your Pre-K Lottery letter, please email Karen Bedford.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.