Law & Public Safety/CTAE Instructor
I am Amanda "Mandy" Blackstock Pugh and I have been teaching Law and Public Safety at Apalachee High School since 2005. My husband is a Master Deputy at the Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office. We have one child and I have two stepchildren. I also have three nephews that are very special to me. My mother retired from the Gwinnett County Clerk of Courts Office in Gwinnett County and introduced us to the court system at an early age. My sister retired from the Gwinnett County District Attorney’s Office.
- Associates Degree at Gainesville College
- Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice at Georgia State University
- Teacher Certification at the University of Georgia
- Masters of Science in Education at Walden University.
Previous Work Experience
- Volunteer in the Gwinnett County District Attorney's Office Victim Witness Program (2 years)
- Legal Assistant for Karen Beyers (former defense attorney, current Superior Court Judge) (9 years)
- Georgia Department of Corrections Probation Officer II (3 years)
Advisor for Career and Technical Student Organization
I am also the SkillsUSA Advisor for Apalachee High School. I began the chapter in 2007. SkillsUSA is a student organization that offers many opportunities for students to demonstrate and improve their technical, workplace and personal skills. I am excited to work with our chapter officers and alumni members this year in planning an exciting reunion.
- ACTE and GACTE member
- SkillsUSA Board of Directors - Secretary and Region 2 Representative
- TIEGA Board of Directors (Trade and Industrial Education of Georgia) - President
- Georgia Representative for LAPSEN (Law and Public Safety Education Network)
- LEAD CTAE Program - 2017-2018
SkillsUSA is a Career and Technical Student Organization that students may join to compete in a variety competitions and learn leadership skills to become "Job Ready, Day One." The SkillsUSA framework prepares students for careers and college by improving their Workplace, Personal and Technical skills. Students do not have to be in the Law & Justice Pathway, ALL students are welcome to join SkillsUSA.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.