Click image above to see student calendar
AHS & WBHS
Pre-K & Elementary
FREE STUDENT MEALS THROUGH 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
We will have free meals for students during the 21-22 school year as part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture announcement. View menus here.
OPTIONS TO IN-PERSON LEARNING
Students will return to in-person instruction on August 3, 2021. BCSS will continue to provide a learning environment that addresses the health, safety, and emotional well-being of all students and staff. Teachers will not be able to provide a combination of synchronous and asynchronous learning experiences this year. However, the following instructional options are available for students who do not return to in-person learning:
Other options include:
- Make-up assignments for students who are required to stay home due to illness will be provided with assignments to complete while at home
- Barrow Online Campus waitlist (currently at capacity)
- Enrollment in an external virtual or homeschool program
- Georgia Connections Academy for grades 5-12
- Georgia Cyber Academy for grades K-12 (open enrollment ends Aug 29, 2021)
- Georgia Department of Education Homeschool Information
- Georgia Virtual School Information for grades 9-12 (enrollment deadlines)
- Georgia Virtual Homeschool for grades 9-12 (enrollment deadlines)
- BCSS Hospital/Homebound Program for students with documented health issues
Parents or guardians of a student with a disability or an English language learner are encouraged to schedule a meeting to review your child’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or Limited English Proficiency (LEP) plan.
Thanks to a USDA grant, our wonderful School Nutrition team prepares a delicious breakfast and lunch for students each school day at no charge. Check out what’s on the menu!
In this update: COVID-19 case numbers, contact tracing & vaccination information
On August 3, we’re #BacktoBOLD as students return for the new school year. Here are a few updates and reminders you should know.
On August 3, 2021, the Barrow County Sheriff’s Office will launch a new photo speed enforcement system at select BCSS schools to protect our children and staff from speeding vehicles.
To keep children in schools healthy, Georgia requires children to get vaccines against certain diseases. Please see these reminders for required student immunizations.
Barrow County School System student ID numbers will now act as a library card number for our public libraries! Learn about the PLAY (PINES Library Access for Youth) Library Card program.
Do we have your correct email and phone number? Check our Family Update Website so you don't miss important notifications.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.