Your school's nurse holds a current nursing license, is CPR certified and has taken a course on first aid. Our school nurses have a background of working with children, critical care nursing in the hospital (emergency room or ICU) and Public Health Nursing.
Nurses do an assessment of each student that comes into the clinic to determine their health concerns. Many times the parents are notified or the students may be able to return to class. If a medical emergency happens and a parent can't be located, the nurses will go to the hospital and stay with the student until a parent arrives. We work closely with parents who have children with medical conditions and welcome your call for any concerns. If your nurse is shared with other schools, the nurse will carry a cell phone to answer any questions or respond immediately to a medical emergency.
Important Medical Links and Documents
- Allergy Emergency Action Plan
- Asthma Plan - English | Spanish
- COVID-19 Precautions
- Diastat Administration Orders
- Diabetics Management Plan
- Head Lice Procedure
- Help a Child Smile Dental Information
- Immunizations for 7th Graders
- Infectious Diseases Policy
- Medical Information Release - English | Spanish
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.