Your school's nurse holds a current nursing license, is CPR certified and has taken a course on first aid. Our school nurses have a background of working with children, critical care nursing in the hospital (emergency room or ICU) and Public Health Nursing.
Nurses do an assessment of each student that comes into the clinic to determine their health concerns. Many times the parents are notified or the students may be able to return to class. If a medical emergency happens and a parent can't be located, the nurses will go to the hospital and stay with the student until a parent arrives. We work closely with parents who have children with medical conditions and welcome your call for any concerns. If your nurse is shared with other schools, the nurse will carry a cell phone to answer any questions or respond immediately to a medical emergency.
Barrow County School System Health Services Manager Lance McNamara has a reminder about...
To keep children in schools healthy, Georgia requires vaccines against certain diseases. Please see these reminders for required student immunizations.
From Strep Throat to COVID-19, check these symptoms and information before heading to school.
Important Medical Links and Documents
- Allergy Emergency Action Plan
- Asthma Plan - English | Spanish
- Diastat Administration Orders
- Diabetic Health Management Plan
- Head Lice Procedure
- Help a Child Smile Dental Information
- Immunizations for 7th Graders
- Infectious Diseases Policy
- Medical Information Release - English | Spanish
- Medication Authorization - English | Spanish
- Medication Regulation Policy
- Meningococcal Vaccine Requirement - 16 year olds entering 11th grade must have a booster MCV4 (Meningococcal) Immunization
- Miscellaneous Student Health Plan
- Scoliosis Screening Letter - English | Spanish
- Seizure Action Plan
- Special Dietary Needs
- Sports Physical Form - English | Spanish
- Student Health Survey
- Vaccines for Teens - English | Spanish
Student health contacts
Health Services Manager
As Health Services Manager for Barrow County School System, Lance McNamara provides lea...
School Nurse - Bramlett Elementary
“I love being a school nurse because I get to make a difference every day!”...
School Nurse - Kennedy Elementary
“I wanted to be a teacher as a kid and a nurse as a young adult. Being a Sch...
School Nurse - Bethlehem Elementary
“I am your School Nurse I don’t have a magic wand. A crystal ball or all ...
School Nurse - Statham Elementary
“I love being a school nurse because I get to develop an ongoing relationship wit...
School Nurse - County Line Elementary
“I love so many things about school nursing but my favorite is teaching so I...
School Nurse - Westside Middle School
“I love kids and I enjoy keeping them healthy and in school so they may obtain a ...
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.