Registration Opens February 1, 2021.
The deadline to register is February 28, 2021.
STUDENTS AND FAMILIES, CLICK HERE TO REGISTER. YOU WILL NEED TO SIGN INTO YOUR .ORG GOOGLE ACCOUNT BEFORE BEGINNING.
All students in grades 3-12 who are Barrow County School System students may participate in the 2021 BCSS Technology Competition (Fair). Grade level divisions are as follows:
- Grades 3-4
- Grades 5-6
- Grades 7-8
- Grades 9-10
- Grades 11-12
- Note: Programming Challenge category divisions are 7-8, 9-10, and 11-12 ONLY
Students register by their current grade level. There is no separate team competition. You may have up to 2 people on a team but teams and individuals will compete against each other within each grade grouping. Projects for each category must be unique and cannot be entered in more than one category. Students may enter only one project and may additionally enter the Programming Challenge.
- On February 1st, students will complete the Google Form linked here (will be available 2/1). When you register, ensure your name is as you want it to appear on all records. All participant information will be merged from the registration form.
- There is a designated faculty advisor at each school who can assist with student registration, but the form MUST be completed by the student. Students MUST be logged into their .ORG Google account before beginning.
- Students will need a parent email address and phone number to submit while registering. See the list of advisors by school.
- Students'.ORG email address will be automatically collected while registering. When registering as a team, the student who completes the form will have their email automatically collected. There will be a place for the partner's .ORG email address to be submitted along with their parent's email address and phone number.
- We are currently having technical issues with the confirmation emails, but we are working to resolve them. Confirmation of your registration and other important updates and information about the competition and fair will be sent to the email address you provide. These emails may come from your school's advisor and other BCSS Technology Competition administrators.
Please read the category descriptions before you select your project category. After the registration deadline has passed, you will be contacted to confirm the category of your project to prevent confusion.
No category changes will be made after the project has been confirmed. After that time, projects will be judges based on the category for which they registered using the rubric of the category under which the project was submitted.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.