Parent Mentor Partnership
The Georgia Parent Mentor Partnership is an initiative by the Georgia Department of Education, created to improve the relationship between parents (and guardians) whose children receive special education services in school. It is my goal to gain parent participation in events, be the communication bridge for parents to the school system, and to help BCSS continue to be a leader in the area of Special Education. This is my first year as Barrow County Schools Parent Mentor.
MEET OUR PARENT MENTOR
Special Education Parent Mentor
Being able to serve families with children who have extra abilities is an honor and privilege for me. I believe in working alongside families and assisting in any possible way that I can.
How your parent mentor can help
- I can and will support you in your efforts to encourage and support family engagement and at home learning.
- Transition learning and planning (Pre-K, school to school and late)
- Help parents understand the IEP process, 504s, RTI and other supportive services (especially for those who are just receiving a diagnosis)
- Assist teachers with finding resources
- Attend IEP meetings with parent to be an assistant and another resource to ask questions of
- We are all dealing with this uncertain time of COVID-19, as you develop questions or have issues, please do not hesitate to reach out and I will help any way that I can.
- I will establish parent empowerment sessions in which I will focus on different topics that may be of concern. This group setting will be fun and interactive. It is my goal that as a group of parents gathering with one agenda, we will help our students achieve greatness and make Barrow County stand out above the rest of the nation. We will be the premier county that others want to emulate. But this only can happen through parent involvement.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.