9th Grade Registration
High school registration is a very exciting time for 8th grade students at H-MMS. Students will have the opportunity to virtually tour AHS, watch videos about different pathways (electives), and sign up for high school classes. Please review the information below and follow Apalachee High School on Social Media. (Students- Please sign into your school accounts before using the links below)
AHS 9th Grade Parent Night- Click HERE for Teams Meeting Link on January 13th at the time below based on your student's last name. This will also coincide with your child's school counselor at AHS. In each meeting we will cover introductions, pathway information, and Q/A.
- Last Names A-D, Mrs. Hardegree: 6:00 PM
- Last Names E-K, Mrs. Smith: 6:20 PM
- Last Names L-Ri, Ms. Quiñones: 6:40 PM
- Last Names Rj-Z, Mr. Wadleigh: 7:00 PM
January 11th-13th – Pathways Intro & Watch CTAE videos and review course offerings
January 13th 6-7:30– AHS Virtual Parent Night
January 20th – Pathways Lesson
February 22nd 6-7:30– Virtual Course Reveal Night
February 25th 3:00pm – Course Change forms Due
- AHS- Rising 9th Grade Registration Information
- Summer PE Form
- Directions on Viewing Course Recommendations in Parent Portal
- CTAE Pathway Guide (Look up CTAE Course Descriptions)
- CTAE Videos
- Pathways Registration Form- Students will complete these January 20th and 21st
- AHS Introduction and Tour
- Dual Enrollment Brochure
During the school closing counselors are still available to serve students and the community. Please don't hesitate to reach out via email if you have any questions or concerns.
- How to set up Parent Portal (Video)
- Parent Portal Access
- Parent Guide to Digital Learning
- Chromebook Information Sheet/ Log into your Chromebook
- Internet Safety and Social Media Monitoring for Parents
- Need Internet Access? (English and Spanish)
- H-MMS Google Password Reset
- Mobile Hotspot Locations
- USA Test Prep Parent Resources
How can we help?
We look forward to getting to know your family, and working together to help your child be successful at HMMS. A majority of our day is spent working directly with students; as a result, we are not always available for drop-in meetings. Whenever possible, please call/email in advance to make an appointment. Thank you!
The Role of the Professional School Counselor
The Professional School Counselor is a certified educator trained in counseling techniques and strategies designed to meet the academic, personal/social, and career development needs of students. They support a collaborative learning environment by working with students, parents, teachers, administrators, and community agencies.
Even though it is an exciting time, middle school often comes with a unique set of challenges-from academic to personal and social. Counselors are prepared to help navigate these challenges, by providing nonjudgmental support and encouragement.
If you would like to know more about the role of a Professional School Counselor please select one of the links below.
The relationship between a student and his/her counselor is established and maintained due to trust and respect. In order for meaningful dialogue to occur, confidentiality must be part of the foundation of the counseling relationship. We stress to our students, "What you say in here, stays in here." There are 3 exceptions to this rule, and in these situations our primary objective is to make sure the student has the continued support they need. Communication is vital during this stage of development and we encourage every student we work with to share their "inner world" with their family and friends.
Exceptions to Confidentiality:
- Someone is hurting you
- You want to hurt someone
- You want to hurt yourself
- Covid Testing Information
- Talking to Kids About Coronavirus
- Barrow County Covid-19 Resources
- Barrow County Family Connection Resource Guide
- Master List of Counseling Resources
- Anxiety Tip Sheet
- Parent’s Guide to Helping a Child Through Anxiety
- Grounding Techniques
- Circle of Control Advisement
- Coping Skills Toolbox
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.