Youth Employment Services
The YES program is a class offered through Goodwill of N.E. Georgia. At Sims Academy the program is designed for students who are looking to go straight into full time employment after high school.
3 phases of the program:
Class at Sims--Fall Semester
- Students will learn about financing, employability skills, soft skills and job interview/resume writing.
- Class will be taught 2-3 days a week by a Goodwill case manager. Other days, the class will be taught by CTI coordinator.
**In order to move to Phase 2, the student must be deemed as reliable, motivated, and dependable.
Paid Internship--Spring semester
Full-time Job Placement -- Summer
What kind of student should be recommended for the YES class?
- Must plan on working full-time after high school
- In their final year of high school
- Have room in their schedule for YES class at Sims (fall semester)
- Must be ready for competitive employment (independent)
- Must have an IEP and be eligible for VR services/on VR caseload
- Must read on 3rd grade reading level or higher
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.