Welcome to the Winder Elementary Media Center.
Welcome to the WES Media Center! Our Media Center is a Learning Commons; a common area where all types of interactive learning takes place. Students participate in collaborative projects, learning games, STEAM activities, research and technology, as well as literature. We look forward to seeing you in the Media Center!
Mrs. Privette enjoys teaching and reading to children and believes that story time should correlate with the classroom curriculum. She also believes that children learn when they are actively engaged and enjoying themselves. She provides many opportunities for students to learn in a multiplicity of ways.
Hours and Procedures
- Hours of Operation: 8 am.- 3:15 p.m. (Staff may come after hours.)
- Check-out is available to students and parents from 8 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
- PreK and kindergarten students may check out 1 book for a period of 1 week.
- 1st- 5th grade students and parents may check out 2 books at a time for pleasure reading. Additional check-outs may be permitted to support classroom assignments. Books are due in 2 weeks, but can be renewed if additional time is needed.
- TOME Society students may check out 1 TOME Book in addition to the above.
- All students may exchange books as often as is feasible for classroom teachers.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.