1. Meals Update
BCSS School Food Nutrition has updated their drive-through and delivery schedules for the end of the school year. Information on the June Meal Program is also below.
- Friday, May 15: Drive-through service available at AHS and WBHS. Delivery will also be provided. Bagged meals include breakfast and lunch for May 15, 18, 19 and 20.
- Wednesday, May 20: Last Day of School
- May 21 to May 25: NO MEAL SERVICE
- May 26 to June 30: Only drive-through service available. NO delivery. Open weekdays from 9am-1pm at Winder Elementary and Haymon-Morris Middle. Bagged meals include breakfast and lunch.
2. Pre-K Lottery Application
Today, May 8, is the final day to submit an application for the Pre-K Lottery. All online applications must be completed by 5pm today. See lottery details.
3. Kindergarten Registration
Online registration is now open for BCSS kindergarten for the 2020-21 school year. See online registration information.
4. Learning from Home
BCSS will continue Learning from Home through the last day of school. Families, please help ensure your child submits any missing work by May 20.
- Final Date to Assign New Content: Students K-11th: May 14, 2020
- Final Date to Submit Work: All students: May 20, 2020
- Electronic report cards will be available by 5pm on May 22, 2020.
See more information about Learning from Home.
5. School Campuses
All school fields and campuses are closed. As part of social distancing, we do not want to encourage any opportunity for groups of people to come together. Our school campuses may not be used for walking the track, playing on our fields or the playgrounds. Thank you for supporting our goal of limiting the spread of COVID-19.
6. School Transfer Requests
Georgia State Law HB 251 gives parents of public school students the option to request a transfer for their child to another school within their district where space is available and parents provide transportation. See the options available for the 2020-21 school year.
7. BCSS Virtual Art Galleries
Enjoy over 1300 pieces of student-produced art in this online exhibition with all sixteen school galleries easily accessible from the Online Lobby. We hope you will be uplifted and inspired by the creativity, imagination, and talents of the young artists of our community. The Gallery opens May 8 at 3pm – take a look!