Georgia State Law, often referred to as HB 251, gives parents of public school students the option to request a transfer for their child to another school within their district where space is available and parents provide transportation. The law allows us to determine available space within the confines of our permanent buildings and classrooms, but does not require us to create additional classrooms beyond our budgetary limitations.
Barrow County Schools is pleased to be able to provide the following options for the 2020-21 school year:
- Bramlett Elementary School – grades 1 and 2 only
- County Line Elementary School – grades 1 and 5 only
- Statham Elementary School – grades 4 and 5 only
- Winder Elementary School – grades 1, 2, and 3 only
- Bear Creek Middle School – grades 6 and 7 only
- Haymon-Morris Middle School – grades 6, 7 and 8
Transfer Request Forms for the 2020-21 school year are no longer available. The deadline for all requests was 4:00 PM Friday, May 22, 2020.