PINES Library Access for Youth (PLAY) is brought to you through a collaboration between the Barrow County School System, Georgia Library PINES*, and your public libraries in Auburn, Statham, and Winder.
Barrow County School System student ID numbers will now act as a library card number for your public library! The public library provides free access to books and online resources to help your child succeed in school, as well as fun resources that help develop a lifelong love of reading.
How it works
- Visit prlib.org and click on "library catalog" in the menu. Click "my account" at the top right of the page.
- Type “BCS” and your 5-digit Barrow County School System student ID number. Ex. BCS12345
- Your initial password is the student’s birth month and year. Ex. 062010 (Born in June 2010).
Login Help Video
Benefits of the PLAY library card are endless!
- Search the library catalog of over 11 million items for books, DVD’s, audiobooks, and other materials
- Access the Online World Book Encyclopedia and nonfiction ebooks
- Access Mango, the highest-rated language-learning app, for free!
- Download audio books for free via Libby
- Access practice tests for the SAT, PSAT, and many others
- Store a personal list of books you’ve read and would like to read
When your student visits a library in-person, there are even more perks!
- Request items from over 300 PINES libraries across Georgia for free delivery to your local library
- Ask our expert staff for book recommendations
- Check out up to five items (books, DVD’s, audiobooks)
- Pay no late fees! (Fees apply only for lost or damaged items.)
- Attend free storytelling, classes, activities and special events
Your public library is available all year long, including during the summer months.
The “Summer Slide” is the backward movement many children make when they forget what was taught to them in the previous year. Research shows that the number one thing that prevents the summer slide is reading books. It’s that simple. Those who read, succeed.
This is an “opt-out” benefit. Your child’s Student ID number will act as a library card number unless you choose to opt-out of the program by April 23, 2021. To opt-out of this program, please click the button.
The purpose of this program is to provide every student in the Barrow County School System with public library card access provided by Piedmont Regional Library System (PRLS). To this end, the parties agree to undertake the following:
- BCSS agrees to designate PRLS as a school official for purposes of FERPA, and to provide access to personally identifiable student information only in accordance therewith.
- BCSS will provide PRLS with the following for every student enrolled in BCSS: student ID number, first and last name, birth date, school, grade, address, phone number, and parent email address.
- PRLS will integrate BCSS Student ID numbers with PRLS/PINES Library accounts to allow every student enrolled in BCSS instant access to PRLS databases and materials. Implementation will include training for students and staff on PRLS's educational resources.
- At all times during the use or maintenance of the student information provided for in this agreement, PRLS agrees that is subject to the direction and control of the BCSS with regard to the handling of the above-described student information.
- Upon the specific, written request of any parent, guardian or eligible student, PRLS agrees to permanently destroy any student information for said student obtained under this agreement. This provision shall be inapplicable to any separately or independently created PRLS records associated with the student.
If a parent disagrees with any of the above, they may choose to opt-out their child from access. Please click the Opt-Out link above.
*Georgia Library PINES (Public Information Network for Electronic Services) is the public library automation and lending network for 300 libraries and affiliated service outlets in 53 library systems serving 146 counties in Georgia.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.