Barrow BOLD Parents
Follow us on social media and download our app that includes:
- Directory information (easy access to contact information for district and school employees)
- Calendar Events
- Important System and School Notifications
- Your child’s grades via the Infinite Campus App (separate download)
- The funds in your child’s lunch account
- Bus routes
Just search “Barrow BOLD” in the app store on your mobile device. Be sure to go into the Settings for the app and select the option to “Follow schools.”
By downloading the school system’s “Campus Portal” application, you can stay informed about your child’s:
- Class schedule (Planner)
Communicate with your child’s teachers at least monthly via email.
- What should my child be learning? How Can I Help? Visit the National PTA's website.
- Search videos at Khan Academy.
- Words 2 Reading, early literacy activities (infant-3rd grade) for home
- New Zealand site for Math and English practice
- The school system has a K-5 license to RAZ Plus for reading practice. Ask your child about their login information.
- Many schools purchase other programs that you can also use at home including Study Island, Reflex Math, USA Test Prep, and Exact Path.
- Access this resource to help your child with transitioning to Kindergarten, middle school, or high school.
- Is your child ready for kindergarten?
- Additional apps and educational websites for students.
- See our free WiFi locations to support families who do not have access to the internet at home.
- Use Checklists
- Organize homework assignments
- Designate a study space
- Set a designated study time
- Keep organized notebooks
- Conduct a weekly cleanup
- Create a household schedule
- Keep a master calendar
- Prepare for the day ahead
- Provide needed support while your child is learning to become more organized
For more information, visit the Family Education website.
The following help ensure your child will be successful in school:
- Provide a daily routine
- Have a quiet space for completing homework
- Ensure that your child is organized
- Read to and with your child and talk about the book together
- Make time for meaningful dinner conversations
- Plan and go on educational trips
- Play educational games
- Attend Title I meetings each fall and spring (Dates TBD)
- Serve as a School Governance Team (SGT) member
- Serve on the system Parent Advisory Council
- Attend the Superintendent’s annual reception (Fall)
- Provide your input on surveys (No active surveys at this time)
Participating in the extra-curricular activities has the following benefits:
- Improves academics
- Raises self esteem
- Builds relationship skills
- Assists with goal setting
- Looks good on resumes and job applications
Activities: See a list of opportunities by school.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.