Barrow BOLD Parents
Follow us on social media:
By downloading the school system’s “Campus Portal” application, you can stay informed about your child’s:
- Class schedule (Planner)
Communicate with your child’s teachers at least monthly via email.
- What should my child be learning? How Can I Help? Visit the National PTA's website.
- Search videos at Khan Academy.
- New Zealand site for Math and English practice
- Many schools purchase other programs you can also use at home including Study Island, Reflex Math, USA Test Prep, and Exact Path.
- Access this resource to help your child with transitioning to Kindergarten, middle school, or high school.
- Is your child ready for kindergarten?
- Additional apps and educational websites for students.
- Use checklists
- Organize homework assignments
- Designate a study space
- Set a designated study time
- Keep organized notebooks
- Conduct a weekly cleanup
- Create a household schedule
- Keep a master calendar
- Prepare for the day ahead
- Provide needed support while your child is learning to become more organized
For more information, visit the Family Education website.
The following help ensure your child will be successful in school:
- Provide a daily routine
- Have a quiet space for completing homework
- Ensure that your child is organized
- Read to and with your child and talk about the book together
- Make time for meaningful dinner conversations
- Plan and go on educational trips
- Play educational games
Participating in the extra-curricular activities has the following benefits:
- Improves academics
- Raises self esteem
- Builds relationship skills
- Assists with goal setting
- Looks good on resumes and job applications
Activities: See a list of opportunities by school.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.