Georgia State Law, often referred to as HB 251, gives parents of public school students the option to request a transfer for their child to another school within their district where space is available and parents provide transportation. The law allows us to determine available space within the confines of our permanent buildings and classrooms, but does not require us to create additional classrooms beyond our budgetary limitations.
Barrow County School System is pleased to be able to provide the following options for the 2022-23 school year:
- Bramlett Elementary – 3rd, 4th, 5th grades only
- County Line Elementary – 4th, 5th grades only
- Winder Elementary – 1st-4th grades only
- Bear Creek Middle – grades 6-8
- Haymon-Morris Middle – grades 6-8
- Westside Middle – grades 6-8
Transfer Request Forms were available online and at the Board of Education office. The deadline for all requests for the 2022-23 school year was 4 p.m. Friday, May 20, 2022. Please email Suzanne Black at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.