Thank you to our District Partner in Education Jackson Electric Membership Corporation (EMC) for their continued support of our schools! Jackson EMC awarded 10 teachers in five of our middle schools $13,597 in Bright Ideas grants to fund innovative classroom projects.
Arts & Innovation Magnet Program:
- James Kelley - $2,000 grant: Communication Studies
- Julie Wood - $632 grant: Classroom Weather
Barrow Arts and Sciences Academy:
- Caroline Bucky-Beaver - $2,000 grant: Let’s Get Physical
- Jennifer Deckard - $1,992: Gamifying Physical Science
- Gretchen Hollingsworth - $2,000, Printing in the Fab Lane
Bear Creek Middle School:
- Donna Morris - $1,787: UV Got Some Bright Solutions
- Toni Sessions - $1,783: Math, Murder and Mystery
Haymon-Morris Middle School:
- Jamie Knapp - $414: Daily News Broadcast
Russell Middle School:
- Ella Daniel - $214: Unlocking Learning
- Katie Woodfin - $775: What’s the Scoop
Watch a video showing some of our winners and see photos below!
The Bright Ideas grant program awards up to $2,000 annually to middle school teachers in Jackson EMC’s service area to fund innovative classroom projects that would go unfunded otherwise. Applications were evaluated on measurable goals and objectives, innovation, student involvement, and implementation plans.
For more information on the Jackson EMC Bright Ideas grant program, visit jacksonemc.com/brightideas.