The PAGE Student Teacher Achievement Recognition (STAR) program proudly announces the 2023 BCSS STAR Students and STAR Teachers.
- Zane Sylvester at Apalachee High School
- Savannah Johnson at Barrow Arts & Sciences Academy
- Isaac Sanders at Winder-Barrow High School
- Dr. Joe Pearce for Apalachee High School (Retired Westside Middle School)
- Dr. Nicole Baker for Barrow Arts & Sciences Academy
- Craig Martin for Winder-Barrow High School
The Student Teacher Achievement Recognition (STAR) program honors Georgia's highest-achieving high school seniors and the teachers who have been most instrumental in their academic development. To obtain the STAR nomination, high school seniors must have the highest score on any single test date of the SAT and be in the top 10 percent or top 10 students of their class based on grade point average.
Each high school STAR Student is asked to select her STAR Teacher and explain the teacher's impact on their educational career. Watch the videos below to hear from each of our STAR students and teachers.
The STAR Program, created by the PAGE (Professional Association of Georgia Educators) Foundation, unites educators with the business and civic community to honor academic excellence. The Barrow Chamber of Commerce supports this program annually to recognize the students and teachers.