To register for the AP exam go to Totalregistration.
Certificate of Enrollment:
The Certificate is issued in the front office. There needs to be a 24-48 hour notice. First certificate is free, additional requests are $3.
All requests must be made through https://barrowga.scriborder.com/
Transcript Fees: Former students $3. Current students - first transcript is free, additional requests are $3.
Please visit the counseling website for more information and assistance.
What is the FAFSA?
The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is the form that you must complete in order to apply for federal student aid (this includes loans, grants and work-study programs).
Do I need to fill out the FAFSA?
Even if you don't think you qualify for loans and grants from the federal government, you should still complete the FASFA to see if you qualify for any other types of aid from the colleges to which you have applied (this can include scholarships). This also qualifies you for the HOPE/Zell Miller Scholarship.
Steps for Completing the FAFSA Online
- Get a PIN - The PIN allows you the sign the FAFSA electronically. Apply online. If you are providing parent information on the FAFSA, one of your parents must also apply for a PIN.
- Gather the materials needed to complete the FAFSA:
- Your social security number and your parents' social security numbers.
- Driver's License number if you have one.
- Federal tax information or 2014 tax returns, including W-2 information.
- Records of your untaxed income, such as Social Security benefits, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families benefits and veterans benefits, for yourself, and for your parents if you are providing parent information.
Information on savings, investments, and business and farm assets for yourself, and for your parents if you are providing parent information.
- Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov to begin the application
- Click on "Start a new FAFSA"
- Enter the information requested (example: name, social security number, etc.) and create a password (this is not the same as your PIN)
- Begin completing the application
- HELPFUL HINT: Save your FAFSA as you complete each section of the application.
- If you have questions about your FASFA, get online help while completing the FAFSA by clicking on the "HELP" button for a list of help topics or the "LIVE HELP" button to chat with a representative. If you need further help, call 1-800-433-3243.
- Sign your application - Use your electronic PIN.
- Submit your application - Write down the confirmation number that is given to you for your records.
Students, GAFutures.org is a great resource for you to start your college planning. Create and access your account frequently to expand your own personal profile and search for what will get you to the next level of your educational journey. The information for the Hope Scholarship is constantly changing and being updated. Learn more about the Hope Scholarship.
Not all colleges and universities will require students to obtain a school counselors recommendation. If your school does, please print and complete the Senior Brag Sheet. Then bring that to your school counselor and let them know what college you are applying to. Also, print out two copies of the Student Evaluation Form and give one to teacher in the school who knows you best and have those teachers submit the completed forms to your counselor so that your Letter of Recommendation can be completed. Make sure you give your counselor advanced notice before the application deadline so that a thorough and well prepared letter can be written.
Promotion shall be based upon units accumulated as follows:
Freshman to Sophomore - 6 Units
Sophomore to Junior - 13 Units (Eng - 2 Units, Math - 1 Unit, Science - 1 Unit, Social Studies - 1 Unit)
Junior to Senior - 20 Units
Graduate - 28 Units
Grade levels will not be changed between first and second semester unless the student is moving into the 12th grade.
Ready for college? If you are a high-school junior or senior, you should be studying for the SAT! Take the first step, or add the finishing touches to your skills, with SAT prep from Khan Academy. The creators of the SAT have given Khan Academy exclusive access and advice to build a personalized practice program for anyone, anywhere. These tools are free and available now for every student to take ownership of their learning and their future. You will cover the strategies, skills and tricks you need for success on this important standardized test.
- Get test prep, testing dates, and get signed up at the College Board.
- ACT Free Score Reports
Students will have three days after a semester begins to request a schedule change. Schedule changes will be considered for the following reasons:
- A compelling academic reason
- Credit earned in summer school
- Duplication of course or credit
- Failed prerequisite course
- Inappropriate level of instruction
Are you 17 or older? Check out the Free Voter App.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.