BASA provides students with the opportunity to immerse themselves in their areas of passion and interest while also meeting state graduation requirements and preparing for college.
When starting at BASA, students will select one academy to enroll in. These smaller learning communities will be centered around specific themes or career interests. Based on student input, we will offer the following academies in our first year:
- Visual Art & Design: Visual Art, Sculpting, Ceramics, Graphic Design, Photography
- Performing Arts Conservatory: Band, Chorus, Dance, Drama
- Life & Health Science: Biotechnology, Emergency Medical Responder, Nursing, Pre-Medicine
- Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics (STEM): Computer Science, Engineering, Robotics
We also offer an Innovation Academy in which students can custom design a program of study consisting of multiple pathways. This will be an excellent opportunity for students who are already taking courses at Sims Academy or Lanier Technical College to stay on our campus all day.
- Magnet School Information
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- Dual Enrollment (opens in new window)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.