The Barrow County School System strongly encourages all eligible students and adults to get vaccinated. Widespread vaccination is a critical tool to help stop the pandemic. Following CDC guidelines, it is recommended that anyone not vaccinated should continue to wear a mask.
The CDC recommends everyone 12 years and older should get a COVID-19 vaccination for the safety of themselves and others. The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is approved for people age 12 and older.
In order for your child to be vaccinated for the first day of school on August 3, keep these dates in mind.
• Complete the first dose by June 29
• Wait three weeks
• Complete the second dose by July 20
• Two weeks before the first day of school = fully vaccinated
Although fewer children have been infected with COVID-19 compared to adults, children can still:
• Be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19
• Get sick from COVID-19
• Spread COVID-19 to others
Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines for teens and pre-teens here.
To help our families, BCSS has compiled a list of locations locally that are offering the COVID-19 vaccine for free. You can also check with your child’s doctor for additional vaccination locations.
• Barrow County Health Department (15 Porter St. E., Winder) – Clinic Walk-in or by Appointment
• MedLink Winder (133 W Athens St, Winder) – by Appointment
• CVS Pharmacy – by Appointment or Clinic Walk-in Winder or Auburn
• Walgreens Pharmacy (10 E May St, Winder) – by Appointment or Clinic Walk-in
• Ingles Pharmacy – by Appointment or Clinic Walk-in Winder or Auburn
• Bethlehem Associates of Georgia (323 Resource Pkwy Winder) – by Appointment