Industrial maintenance mechanics work on installing, repairing, and maintaining industrial equipment. The usual duties of an industrial maintenance mechanic are:
- Performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on equipment
- Performing mechanical, and electrical, troubleshooting and repairs
- Performing hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment troubleshooting and repairs
- Installation of new equipment
- Welding and metal fabrication of parts in need of repair
- Machine disassembly and adjustment of machine parts in control instruments
The U.S. Department of Labor also projects overall employment for industrial machinery mechanics is estimated to grow 14% from 2021 to 2031, with the industry increasing much faster than the average of all occupations — 53,200 indemand job openings are expected each year over the decade.
Industrial Electrician Certificate & Industrial Fluid Power Technician Certificate
A graduation plan is available below. For specific information about how you can complete this program, please contact Sims Academy.
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|Year 1||IDSY 1101--DC Circuit Analysis
IDSY 1105--AC Circuit Analysis
|IDSY 1130--Industrial Wiring
|Year 2||IDSY Coming soon||IDSY Coming soon|
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.